DENSO Manufacturing Tennessee, Inc., (DMTN) has an aggressive environmental plan for its company and for the larger community of East Tennessee.
Quick historical overview of environmental awards/achievements for the Maryville facilities:
- Highest level in the Tennessee Greenstar Partnership -- one of the first companies in Tennessee to reach this level for what was originally the Tennessee Pollution Prevention Partnership. As a Three-Star Partner with the state of Tennessee, DENSO shows its efforts at superior environmental performance, including mentoring peers, educating the supply chain and reaching out to the community.
- Tennessee Chamber of Commerce and Industry awards, including top Environmental Excellence Award and Hazardous Waste Management Award
- The only business in Tennessee and Kentucky to be honored for 10 consecutive years with the Kentucky/Tennessee Water Environment Association Pretreatment Excellence Award
- State of Tennessee’s Industrial Pollution Award from the Department of Environment and Conservation for exceeding regulatory requirements and serving as a role model for industrial pollution prevention
- Little River Watershed Award
- Tennessee EPA Hazardous Waste Award
- One of the first East Tennessee manufacturers to join park rangers at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Service for a Volunteer Cleanup Partnership.
- Numerous joint projects with federal and Tennessee EPA
- ISO 14001 Certification since 1998, the first DENSO company in North America to reach this certification
Flying Honors -- The state of Tennessee’s reward for reaching its highest level in the Tennessee Pollution Prevention Partnership (TP3) program is a flag to display in our flag court (the program is now the Tennessee Greenstar Partnership).